Wednesday, 14 January 2015

The Hill Sojourn Part I Day 00

Apart from my office mates, I would like to tell others that this particular blog is about my travel fantasy and the way I welcomed 2015.... So, here it goes!!

After about two months of perseverance, patience, dedication and discussions, the day finally arrived of which 'THE IM TEAM' was waiting for. A bunch of 12 people finally decided to spend three full days in a distant land and in the company of though NOT COMPLETE strangers; but yes, to some extent STRANGERS... Each one was super excited for this trip or I perceived it... :P

Before going further, let me just introduce you with my colleagues cum friends. We were 12 in number - Monika, Sonia, Arpit, Dahiya (Pooja), Ashmeen, Rajput (Pooja), Dhirendra, Vivek, Prasoon, Pallavi, Ankita.

So, our train was about to set off from OLD Delhi Railway Station and we divided ourselves in the groups of 4.... My father was to drop me and a tinge of nostalgia was already running through my veins..... Another year was knocking at the door and for the first time in 25 years I was not with my father.... This thought of keeping myself away from the family made me a little sad,,, But, as my friend said - This was MY decision....

COMING BACK TO THE TOPIC - 

My journey from home to the station was itself a herculean task. The jam at Mayur Vihar Phase - II compelled me to think otherwise.... Delhi & a JAM-FREE ZONE is like next to impossible.. It was already 2145 hours.. But, finally by god's grace I was just on time.... Gradually, the groups started coming in....

The train embarked off the station on time and we all screamed out of sheer enthusiasm and the escapade that was awaiting us in the MOUNTAINS!!! We enjoyed a hell lot during our train journey and since I get so less of an opportunity to travel especially in trains; I was damn excited for the route which I was about to traverse.

As soon as the clock struck midnight, we wished each other A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR, cut CHOCOLATE BROWNIE CAKE (Ah, my favourite)... And as the tradition is, everyone's phone were buzzing... The near and dear ones welcomed another year with NEW RESOLUTIONS and JOY..

The Sumptuous Chocolate Brownie Cake

 As the moon travelled along, my heart steeped into indescribable thoughts - ANOTHER YEAR, SEVERAL OPPORTUNITIES, LIFETIME MEMORIES TO CREATE.... I was lost in my own thoughts but suddenly Vivek interrupted and asked everyone to play UNO (My College Time Love
Game :P I was soooo much into it then)... So, some were game for it, others went to sleep while still others just chose to observe as to how it is played...

As this session ended, there were few brave ladies out there who decided to chit chat some more... And mind you not the usual girlie jabber jabber... It was the serious one.... At about 0300 hours, I, Dahiya, Pallavi, Monika decided to share REAL LIFE HORROR EXPERIENCES... Those who don't believe in spirits is a different matter altogether.. But those who do, well they missed out something really creepy fun..... Sharing horror tales at 0300 hours was pre-decided in Office only because it is said that spirits roam around during this time... And so we wanted to experience that if it is true anyhow... :P
Well, I begun with my OLD HOUSE STORY which is not to be narrated here... :P followed by Pallavi's Maharashtrian trail..... So, in the meantime, the three people who pretended to be sleepy woke up... Sonia initially joined the conversation and later on said to STOP as the intensity and volumes of tales increased.... Rajput wanted to join perhaps but wanted to sleep as well... Afterwards, Arpit described some yukkyy movie based on a Russian novel... Well, that too was scary and finally we decided to shut this topic.... Overall, it was a night which was spent really well!!

Next morning as the train was at halt at the Ludhiana Junction, I sensed the so-called 'Punjab di mitti di khushbu', the different coloured turbaned sardars (....and I always find kid Sardars too cute), the change in dialect, the distinct tonality from a newspaper seller to the tea seller... After about three hours of stoppage, finally the engine pulled up.... Afterwards, me and Dahiya (Pooja) sat down at the window seat to get the glimpse of 'Punjabiyat'.

@ Ludhiana Junction


The vast stretch of sugarcane fields, the old havelis, the beauty of yellow-flowers laden area, the not-so famous Lovely Professional University, the bridges, the streams of water, the rows of village houses....... All were appealing to our eyes.... We both were super excited to get such a glimpse....
Dahiya & Me

After much chatter, hours of stoppages, unlimited photographs, moments of cherishable memories..... finally the train arrived at Pathankot at 1230 hours.

Memories To Be Cherished :) 

This Is Just The Beginning

TO BE CONTINUED..............

badge